- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans [or any nuts you like]
- 1/2 cup dried apples (or any you like – raisins, cranberries, etc)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (or any seeds you like – sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional for added sweetness, since the only sweetness is from the dried fruit)
- 1.25 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Pour wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredient mixture. Stir to combine.
Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment/wax paper.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Cut into 9 squares.
Makes 9 servings.
Each bar is approximately 170 calories, 3 grams fiber and 5 grams protein. [Cut into 12 squares reduces calories to about 125 calories per square]
These baked oatmeal breakfast bars were very yummy and easy to make! Wrap individually and freeze for later use. When ready to use, simply pop into the microwave for a minute.