Everyone’s nutritional requirements are different depending on their goals and daily activities, but this list of 25 of the best pre and post workout snacks can offer the right balance of carbohydrates, fats, and protein to satisfy hunger pangs, fuel your workouts, and aid in muscle recovery. Continue reading for the list!
Pre- Workout Snacks
1. One or two hard boiled eggs with one slice of whole wheat toast
2. 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup fruit, such as pineapple
3. One medium green apple with 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
4. Energy gel- only if you’ve got a seriously long run/workout ahead!
5. 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup berries
6. 1 cup variety of fruit
7. 1 cup salad greens, one hard-boiled egg and a drizzle of EVOO or vinegar
8. 2-4 ounces turkey with 1/4 avocado
9. Two whole eggs and 1/2 cooked oatmeal
10. 2-4 ounces of chicken breast with 1/2 cup brown rice
Post- Workout Snacks
11. Chunky Monkey Shakeology: 1 medium banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology and 1 cup low-fat milk blended with ice.
12. Brown rice cake topped with 2 tbsp peanut butter
13. 1 cup low-fat chocolate milk
14. One medium green apple with one stick light string cheese
15. Whole wheat pita topped with 2 tbsp hummus
16. Half a whole wheat bagel topped with two egg whites
17. 1 banana and 1 cup low-fat milk
18. 1 scoop Whey protein, or protein of your choice, mixed with 1 cup low-fat milk or water
19. 2-3 eggs scrambled with veggies
20. One serving high-fiber cereal with low-fat milk
21. Cottage cheese with one slice whole wheat toast
22. Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup granola
23. 4 ounces tuna with one slice whole wheat toast
24. 1/2 cup shelled edamame
25. 15 baby carrots with 2 tbsp hummus
And as always, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive updates of new posts!!