21 Day Fix Extreme Turkey Chili Recipe
I made this 21 Day Fix Extreme turkey chili recipe during my first week of the program (I’ll share my meal plan soon!) and I honestly didn’t expect much. I am not used to enjoying a chili without it being full of cheese and other crap (just being real)!
Hands down, this was the best HEALTHY chili I’ve ever had. I was floored! I usually am so picky and hate peppers, but this was fantastic. Here’s the recipe – let me know what you think!
Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each
1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Yellow
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 tsp olive oil
1.5 pounds raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
1 (15-oz) cans black beans or pinto beans, drained, rinsed
1 (15-oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, peppers and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro