This 21 Day Fix turkey meatloaf is a staple meal that can be added to your list!It’s super quick and easy to make. It comes out of the oven super moist and delicious. Instead of the traditional breadcrumbs, you’ll use quinoa, and it’s yummy and healthy! If you’re busy like me, you can easily double this recipe and cut into servings and freeze for an easy meal in seconds.
21 Day Fix Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Makes 8 servings, 1/8 meatloaf each
Container equivalents: 1/2 Purple, 1 red, 1/2 yellow
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup all natural-mild salsa
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 large eggs, lighly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt (Mineralize)
- Ground black pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C)
2. Combine turkey, salsa, quinoa, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well by hand or with rubber spatula (I used a spatula because I HATE touching raw meat – it freaks me out!!)
3. Shape mixture into shape of a loaf and place on engrossed 13×9 inch baking pan (I actually used a pan that has the grates so the grease will drip off) but you can use any pan of that size! Mine made 4 cute little loaves. 🙂
4. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving
6. Serve or put into the refrigerator once it cools down a bit. I am having it for lunches this week with a side salad!
TIP: Cut cooked meatloaf into single servings and freeze in single resealable plastic bags for future meals!